Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Tender Moment *** My Creative Scrapbook LE Kit ***

I love the blacks and reds of this month's My Creative Scrapbook Limited Edition kit featuring the Elegy collection from Scrapberry's. It is my first time working with Scrapberry's papers, and they did not disappoint!

The Elegy papers can be used as gorgeous standalones; most pages have a gorgeous decorative strip along one side. I decided to mix it up, cutting the damask/lace/rose border from the Tango sheet and adhered it to the Dreams sheet, along with some details from the Elegy and Baguette papers along the bottom edge.


For the background, I started by scraping white gesso roughly across the background, then spritzed the background with the Chrome spray included in the kit. Once that was dry, I added some stamping in black archival ink. I then applied heavy gesso through the stencil included in the kit randomly.


I fussy cut some of the frames from the Baguette paper for my background, and paper strips and butterflies from the Elegy paper, and adhered those as a background for my photo, a charming shot of my husband and youngest son courtesy of Brandie Coe Photography.


I love these beautiful blooms from Blue Fern Studios included in the kit; I tucked in some fussy cut leaves from the Elegy papers to plump up the cluster a little. To finish everything off, I dabbed some white gesso on the Thickers included in the kit for my title, and voila!

Thank you for stopping by today! If you haven't had a chance yet, be sure to check out this month's My Creative Scrapbook kits in their store.

No comments: