Thursday, January 5, 2017

Treasured Memories *** My Creative Scrapbook LE Kit Reveal ***

It's time for another stunning kit release from My Creative Scrapbook. I'm thrilled to announce that after 6 months as a Guest Designer, I've been invited to stay on as a Design Team member! This month's Limited Edition kit is packed full of Kaisercraft's Ooh La La collection, along with gorgeous Prima flowers, chipboard, alphas an embellishments.

Along with some stunning pink-hued papers, the Ooh La La collection boasts some great neutral papers, some of which I've combined on my first layout, below.


I started by tearing a couple peek-a-boo spots out of the window paper, then blended the seams of the two papers using white gesso to soften the transition, along with stamping in black ink with script and bubblewrap stamps.


The papers in this collection also had some great pieces for fussy cutting, which I layered as a base for my photo. I inked the edges with grey chalk ink for a little added definition. I added some blue seed beads beneath the paper layers with gel medium.


I coloured the lace trim from the kit with the Soft Teal Color Bloom spray included in the kit, and looped it, along with some gauze coloured with Tea Stain spray, behind my photo for texture, and layered on some of the gorgeous Prima Cartographer flowers and Butterfly brads.


For my title, I cut up one of the tear strips (the sayings on them are great in this collection!).

Here's a photo of the January Limited Edition kit:



If you haven't had a chance to check out all four of My Creative Scrapbook's January kits, you can check them out in the store, and be sure to follow the blog all month for inspiration and tutorials from the Design Team.

No comments: