Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Wonderland - My Creative Scrapbook December LE kit

I confess, I am terrible at taking pictures at Christmas. I either get too carried away with the gift unwrapping, or I have photos, but with 6 kids between our kids and their cousins, plus all the extended family, the photos end up looking like they were taken in a mosh pit. What I do have lots of are photos of family members in the snow, so I was delighted that this month's My Creative Scrapbook LE kit could be used not only for Christmas layouts, cards and projects, but also for snowy layouts.


For this layout of my in-laws, I began by adding stencilling to the background with a snowflake stencil and super heavy gesso, and sprinkled glitter over the gesso while it was wet for some sparkle and shine.


I love the Snow Medley chipboard piece from Blue Fern Studios included in the kit. I heat embossed it with white embossing powder, before adding a mixture of aqua and silver embossing powder, and coloured the stars in with gold leafing pen. To make the piece go farther, I cut it in half so I could tuck half under each side of the photo.


I then added the sequins from the kit to the background using gel medium on a paintbrush.


The "Wonderland" title is fussy-cut from one of the papers included in the kit, along with the cute little bird and some of the other details.


Thank you for stopping by today. If you haven't already checked out this month's My Creative Scrapbook kit offerings (remember, there are 4 different kits each month!), you can find them in the store. And remember to follow along on the My Creative Scrapbook blog all month long for tons of inspiration and tutorials from the design team.

No comments: