Wednesday, November 9, 2016

My Creative Scrapbook - I Like Big Trucks (And I Cannot Lie)

I'm back today with my third project with the glorious November My Creative Scrapbook Limited Edition kit.


The Tale of Treasures paper has gorgeous subtle blue patterning which I built on with some stenciling. To get a subtle blue, I mixed two colours of Dazzlerz with clear crackle paste, and sprinkled clear glitter on top. For a little added definition, I traced the outline of the damask pattern with a grey Aquarelle pencil and blended it into the background with water.


To create a masculine look I used corrugated cardboard, and diecut then dry embossed some gears out of Kraft Glassine, which I distressed with blue and gold paints.


I added a couple rustic handmade blooms made from kraft glassine and burlap, and diecut some vines from green cardstock.


I love the fussy-cuttable images on the Blue Fern papers, and had cut out this pocket watch with a bird inside from one of the calling cards to use on a project. I also tucked one of the metal Prima trinkets into the cluster.


I painted the canvas Thickers from the kit with mists to colour match them to my picture as a final touch.

Thanks for stopping by today!



Products Used:

From the Kit:
- Blue Fern Studios Memoires collection: Tale of Treasures
- Trim
- Thickers DIY: Ali
- Prima Vintage Trinkets

From My Stash:
- Corrugated cardboard
- The Crafter's Workshop 12x12 Damask stencil
- Shimmerz Dazzlerz: Sea U in the Mornin', Spun Sugar
- Prima Crackle Paste: Clear
- Gesso: White
- Tim Holtz Kraft Glassine
- Prima Metallique paint: Light Patina
- Inka Gold: Gold
- Tattered Angels Chalkboard spray: Cherry Cola & Apricot Nectar
- Shimmerz Inklingz: Me & Blue, Brass Knuckles
- Distress Ink: Walnut Stain
- Faber-Castell Aquarelle pencils
- Stampendous Crystal Glitter Ultra Fine

No comments: