Wednesday, October 5, 2016

My Creative Scrapbook October Limited Edition Kit Reveal

It's kit reveal day at My Creative Scrapbook, and I have the good fortune of guest designing for them again this month, using the beautiful and fun Limited Edition kit. This month's kit features papers from 49 & Market and Bo Bunny, and has amazing potential for fussy cutting.

For my first layout I wanted to build on the natural elements in this photo of my three sons and I, as well as to incorporate some references to time passing. I can't believe it's already been 2 years since we had these photos taken!

 

Here's a look at the gorgeous Limited Edition kit this month:

www.mycreativescrapbook.com

I started my background using the stencil from the kit and some Spun Sugar Shimmerz Dazzlerz, over which I layered blue embossing powder (which I did not heat set) and fine silver glitter while it was still wet.
 

The peek-a-boos created by tearing the background paper made great places to nestle fussy cut images from some of the other pages.

 

To give the fussy cut butterflies some additional dimension I folded the wings and adhered them on top of the rolled edges with hot glue.

 

The elements of this kit layered so well together!


I used a couple of the stickers from the Bo Bunny sticker sheet included in the kit to create a signpost above my birdhouse.

 

Thank you for stopping by today! Be sure to visit the My Creative Scrapbook blog for inspiration from the rest of the design team, and the website to view the other three October kits and for information on becoming a member of the Club!




No comments: