Friday, October 14, 2016

My Creative Scrapbook Altered Birdcage

Hello Bloggers! I'm hunkered down in the midst of what is forecasted to be 5 straight days of storms, listening to the wind and rain lash the windows, enjoying some green tea and popcorn (yum!), so it's a great time to catch up on some blogging.

Today I'm sharing an altered piece using the October My Creative Scrapbook Limited Edition kit.

I started by altering the Prima frame from the kit with various metallic paints followed by some gesso, and trimmed it with the gold braid from the kit around the base, and a bow of the orange ribbon also included in the kit. The little rose on top was taken from the pearl flourish included in the kit, which I used on two other projects. The wood plank "Conservatory" paper was the perfect background, while I used one of the Madeline papers for the base.


I've mentioned before how much I love the fussy-cuttable elements from the 49 and Market papers, and I made good use of them on this project, cutting flowers, the clock and the twigs from the collection and layering them with Prima flowers from the kit.


I also trimmed the fussy cut clock with some of the gold trim.


I altered the Prima resin frame (love these - they are a perennial favourite of mine). I painted it with two Prima Metallique paints, brushing them off the raised portions when they were partially dried. I then rubbed some gold metallic foil over the frame over the raised areas for a gilded effect.


 Thank you for stopping by today! Have a wonderful weekend.


1 comment:

Mycreativescrapbook said...

Fantastic work on this birdhouse, all of your pages are so Beautiful.

Thank you !!