Thursday, September 8, 2016

My Little Artist

Hello Bloggers! I'm back again today with another layout from the My Creative Scrapbook Limited Edition kit, the kit that keeps giving, creatively.

This photo is a bittersweet one, though you'd never know it to look at it. It was taken on Father's Day this year, which was the first Father's Day since my dad died. Every year my dad would take my husband Evan and the boys out to a local fishing shop; for Father's Day they stock two big above-ground pools with trout and let the kids fish for them and take home what they catch. It is an event the kids really look forward to, so we decided to go this year even though neither of us felt particularly like celebrating. To help the kids pass the time while waiting for their turn to fish, the shop had provided buckets of sidewalk chalk with which the kids could draw on the walls of their outbuildings, and that is where I snapped this shot of Colby, intently colouring away.


I loved the way this piece of Rossi Belle paper from the kit looked like a weathered chalkboard, and added some chalk edgers through a stencil in colours to complement the photos to get the project started.


I've said it before, but I love the sequins included in the kit, and they again found a home on this layout, layered amongst fussy cut images from the papers in the kit. The photo corners on the photo, and the clip holding the top of it were also cut from papers in the kit.


The elements from the kit are perfect for layering. The banner and birdcage were fussy cut from the papers, while the clock face is one of the chipboard pieces included with the sequins.


Thank you for stopping by! Please be sure to check out the My Creative Scrapbook store for kits, and also the My Creative Scrapbook blog for daily inspiration from the Design Team and Guest Designers.


No comments: