Thursday, August 11, 2016

Two Cards - August Limited Edition Kit from My Creative Scrapbook

I'm back today to share two cards I created with the My Creative Scrapbook Limited Edition kit. This month the kit featured two cut apart papers, one from Graphic 45 and one from Blue Fern Studios. With these papers, I like to cut them apart as soon as I start working with the kit, as it gives me lots of little bits for layering on layouts and for making cards and tags (which I generally assemble while the media on my layouts are drying).


For my first card, I started with the packaging from the Blue Fern Studios chipboard included in the kit, as I love subtle pattern on all the BFS packaging. The piece with the nest was cut from the G45 June Cut Apart sheet, and I wanted to pair it with the adorable little chipboard birds from the Maggie Holmes Bloom chipboard sheet, however the quote printed on the paper was not the sentiment I was after for my card. I covered it up with one of the Calling Cards from the Attic Charm collection, mounted on some cardboard to give it dimension. I edged everything in gold mist, and added some trim from the kit and fussy cut flowers from the G45 June Flourish paper to tie all the layers together.


For the second card, I started with one of the Attic Charm Calling Cards. I wanted to preserve the image of the banister and bird at the bottom left, so I placed my cluster more toward the top right. I added gold mist in splatters and around all the edges, and layered on one of the Heidi Swapp frames from the kit, and the sparkly hearts from the Bloom chipboard sheet, and finished it off with some trim, one of the Sophia roses and a quote from the Calling Cards. 




 Just a quick post today, but thank you for stopping by to check it out nevertheless! If you haven't yet, be sure to stop by the My Creative Scrapbook store to check out all the fabulous August kits on offer.
 

No comments: