Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Blue Fern Studios August Challenge with My Creative Scrapbook

The Blue Fern Studios challenge for August is to use one of their 3 most recent paper collections: Seaside Cottage, Attic Charm or Tranquility. And lucky me, after finishing my design team commitments for My Creative Scrapbook, I still had plenty of the gorgeous Attic Charm collection left over from the August Limited Edition kit to play along (though sadly I had used up all of the Blue Fern Studios flowers from the kit).

My sister and I had tried to get tickets to Adele in Vancouver when they were first released, without luck. She surprised me mid-day the day of the second concert with a pair of tickets, and this photo was taken at the concert.



I started by tearing off one side of the Haberdashery paper and layering it over the Foyer paper, then blended the edge using white gesso. To add some colour to the background, I applied Shimmerz Dazzlerz through a Prima stencil. I then added two of the new Prima Color Bloom colors: Dragonfly Blue and Black Tulip with some water, letting them combine in some places to make a gorgeous purple. After that had dried, I coated everything with a thin coat of clear gesso before adding some lace and going back in with my sprays.


I wanted to add some black to ground everything, and well as a chipboard element to frame the photo, and the Film Strips chipboard coated in Distress Paint fit the bill.


 One of the Selfie Squares chippies was the perfect title for this layout. I painted the chippy white, then added several colours of embossing powder.


These gorgeous Prima Sophia roses, crusted with glitter, were included in the August Limited Edition kit. The little turquoise Encore flowers are favourites of mine from my stash.


At the end of the concert, confetti rained down, printed with lyrics from Adele songs and handwritten notes. I pocketed a number of them, hoping I'd be able to use them on a project, and have added one here "Everyone loves the things you do" from the song When We Were Young, as it sums up my generous, thoughtful sister beautifully.


I'm getting my entry in just under the gun this month, and can't wait to see what new challenge Blue Fern Studios comes out with tomorrow for September! Here's the graphic for this month's challenge:


Also, stay tuned for My Creative Scrapbook's September kits - sneaks will be out on the 2nd!

Blue Fern Studios Products:

- Attic Charm papers: Haberdashery, Foyer (from My Creative Scrapbook LE kit)
- Chipboard: Film Strips, Selfie Squares
SaveSave

No comments: