Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Prima May BAP

My girlfriends and I took a girl's weekend recently, and when I saw this month's Prima BAP sketch with its Polaroid-style photos, I instantly knew I wanted to use a couple of selfies we'd taken during the trip for this layout.


I combined some old Prima favourites (Time Traveler's Memories papers, older flowers and bark butterflies) with some new goodies (Metallique paint, Artisan Powder, Adhesive Rub-ons and Foil) for this layout.

Here is the gorgeous sketch:


This whole layout began for me with the Polaroid frames. I happened to pull out a couple Time Traveler's Memories 3x4 Journaling Note Cards along with my papers, and found that had a handy border around the inside that would be perfect cut into a frame (as you can see from the closeup below of one of our goofy selfies. We definitely need more practice perfecting our "duck lips" ha!). 

Setting the frames aside, I started on my background. As in the sketch, I used two different sheets of paper (No. 70 and Forever Roses), though it's difficult to tell from the final layout. I started by coating everything in clear gesso. To emulated the large splattered area in the sketch, I smeared a coating of crackle paste on the background, pressed in the die cut doilies (you can see these peeking out underneath the clusters) and sprayed on some Gold Foil Color Bloom while it was still wet, then left it to dry overnight. Once the crackles had formed, I brushed on Artisan Powder in La Shapelier and Parthenay and wiped away the excess with a wet wipe, then added some additional colors of Color Bloom spray to give it a nice, weathered appearance.



I added some strips of paper and both the Rough and Smooth Leather paper. To add some contrast and color, I added stamping with the Checker stamp and black ink, and applied Metallique paint through the 6x6 Checker stencil using a foam dauber.


I added some adhesive rub-ons and gold foil to both clusters.


Then it was time to embellish.


I finished it all off with a title fussy cut from another of the Journaling Note Cards.

Thank you so much for stopping in today.

Prima Products Used

Papers:
- Time Traveler's Memories: No. 70, Forever Roses, The Traveler,
3x4 Journaling Note Cards
- Artisan Parisian Leather Paper: Rough (990411), Smooth (990404)

Dies:
- Metal die (572792)

Media:
- Gesso: Clear
- Crackle Paste: White
- Color Bloom: Gold Foil, Tea Stain, Soft Teal,
Deep Teal, Worn Leather, Boysenberry
- Artisan Powder: La Chapeliere, Parthenay
- Chalk Edger: Branch Bark
- Art Alchemy Paint: Métallique Royal Red

Flowers:
- Cassie (561819)
- Vinetta: Nature Garden (555887)
- Encore: Turquoise (561352)
- Mini Sachet Rose (565954)
- Something Blue: Best Man (575335)
- Cartographer: Globetrotter (574543)

Embellishments:
- Lightbulb: Friends
- Adhesive Rub-Ons: 971304, 971359
- Prima Rub-On Foil: Golden Girl (585631)
- Cartographer: Brads (990145)

Stamps/Stencils:
- Checker stamp
- Checker stencil 6x6






1 comment:

Unknown said...

Really lovely! Love the colors and the texture layering is so divine! Beautiful :)