Sunday, November 2, 2014

Blue Fern Studios November Sketch Challenge

It's time for a new sketch challenge from Blue Fern Studios, and as always, there are gorgeous Blue Fern chippies up for grabs for a lucky winner! 

This month I'm playing with the gorgeous Montage paper collection, full of bright colours and beautiful motifs.


Here is Michele's wonderful sketch to get your creative juices flowing:


I love the versatility of chipboard - it allows you to load on texture, dimension and colour without adding a lot of bulk. I've used chipboard from 5 different sets on this layout, treated in 4 different ways.


I treated the Collage Frame and Deco Shelf with a multi-toned embossing powder, and pressed a stamp into the molten powder to bring out the various colours.


I cut the Jewelled Page Dangle into three pieces, and gave it a simple coat of black chalk ink for an incredible pop of contrast. One of the Mixed Chains was also cut into smaller pieces and I dabbed dimensional shimmery paint onto it with my fingertip.


 The Bohemian Flowers were treated with pink chalk ink and then sprayed with a gold mist for a little extra sparkle before I tucked them into my clusters.


I hope you'll join in our challenge this month! Remember, the only requirements are that you follow the sketch and that you use some Blue Fern Studios products on your layout. Wondering where to buy Blue Fern products? There is a comprehensive list on the Blue Fern blog.

Blue Fern Products Used:

Paper: Montage

- Invitation
- Bouquet

Chipboard:

- Collage Frame
- Deco Shelf
- Mixed Chains
- Bohemian Flowers
- Jewelled Page Dangles


No comments: