Sunday, August 31, 2014

Flying Unicorn Mixed Passion - Palette

The Flying Unicorn Mixed Passion Add On always includes a canvas along with an assortment of mixed media goodies. This month's kit also includes a wooden painter's palette and set of paintbrushes. I love the look of altered, paint-splattered palettes, but wanted to give mine a spin on that theme - a Tuscan colour palette (one of my absolute favourite colour combinations).


I started by spraying my background in various shades of yellow and orange. Once it was dry, I added stencilling with gel medium through a 12x12 stencil to preserve some of the lighter background colours. I then added stencilling through a 6x6 stencil of the same colour with Shimmerz Dazzlerz for a pop of colour. Some dribbled Silks, darker sprays, splattered Inklingz and Texturez through the 6x6 stencil from the kit finished off the background.


I wanted my paintbrushes to look used, but to not be so covered in medium that they blended into the background, so I sprayed them with some green mist and added some chalk ink.


This cute little wooden bird was in the Small Passion, Big Art kit this month. I coloured him black using chalk ink, then added in the highlights with a white Sharpie. Curling the trailing edge of my Prima vine gave both the bird and the paintbrushes a nice place to rest.


I finished it off with a Prima IOD paintable card from the kit which I coloured with Prima Chalk Edgers and a wet paintbrush.

Thank you for stopping in today. If you haven't yet picked up your September Kit, get while the getting's good! Want to make sure to not miss out next month? Check out our handy Kit Pre-Order feature - in most cases domestic customers will have their kit delivered around reveal day!

Supplies Used:

From the Kit and Add Ons:

- Wooden palette and paintbrushes
- Shimmerz Texturez: Artie-choked
- Prima 6x6 Stencil
- Wooden Bird
- Prima Chalk Edger: Olive Vine
- Petaloo Berry Spray: Red
- Prima IOD paintable 4x6 card
- Shimmerz Inklingz: Burnished Buckle

From my stash:

- 13 Arts Mists: Chalk Yellow Lemon, Pearl Orange, Chalk Yellow Amber, Chalk Burnt Sienna
- Prima Stencils: 12x12 Checkers, 6x6 Checkers
- Shimmerz Dazzlerz: Lemon Drop
- Silks: Ginger Peach
- Shimmerz mists: Olive Branch
- Prima Chalk Edgers: Black Coal, Coltsfoot Stemens, Rose Bud, Pastel Peach, Pastel Brown
- Sharpie Poster Pen: White
- Prima Lady Bird Vine


No comments: