Saturday, July 19, 2014

Life's Beauty: Documented for Blue Fern Studios

I'm stopping in today with another pre-written blog post to showcase the second layout I shared on the Blue Fern Studios blog today. I have been hoarding the Prima Stationer's Desk collection since January, just waiting for that perfect project, and this was it.

My second layout has a darker colour scheme, but it still evokes summery memories for me, as the picture was taken on my honeymoon, during a very hot summer in Bordeaux - that's my (then) new husband's hand holding the wineglass; hard to believe it's been 11 years!


Although the picture is anything but industrial in nature, the Industrial Corner and Working Parts chippies just seemed like a natural fit. For some reason I pictured them a deep, dark red, but I didn't have a red embossing powder. Not to worry, I used a red acrylic glaze, and added clear embossing powder overtop while it was still wet and heat set it. I then added embossing ink randomly throughout and added both gold and a silver/black embossing powder.

Here's a look at one of the finished pieces.


Thank you for stopping by! I hope you're having a fabulous summer (or that winter is treating you kindly if you're in the Southern Hemisphere).

Blue Fern Studios Products:

- Chipboard: Industrial Corner, Working Parts

No comments: