Friday, July 4, 2014

Flying Unicorn Small Art Big Passion Kit - July

Good morning! Today I have two cards to share with you from the Small Art Big Passion kit from Flying Unicorn. This kit is designed with card makers in mind, with 6x6 papers and smaller embellishments. And I was in a card making mood this month - probably because the end of June requires so many cards from our family - end of school cards for teachers, end of season cards for coaches, birthday cards, Father's Day cards - it's a busy month!
I started by doing some masking with the 13 Arts mask with the snakeskin pattern and some white paint, then rubbed on some brown Pan Pastels to dirty it up a little. Over top of this I layered strips of paper for my background and edged everything with a Gelato in Gold to add some subtle definition to the edges.


I wanted my staggered resin frames to match the warm tones of the background paper. I started by rubbing the Tim Holtz Remnant Rubs on the frames, working them around the edges as well, then misted the frames with Prima Color Bloom spray in Gold Foil. I love how the colour pooled in the depressions.


While the frames dried, I added some more masking to my background with a 13 Arts mask from the kit and some Burnt Sienna chalk mist from my stash. I outlined the characters roughly to help them stand out, and added some flicks of Pastel Black mist to the card.


Some black thread and gorgeous Petaloo Botanica Blooms completed the card.

(Supply list at the end of the post)

My next card features one of the adorable Hobby House "Rosetta" images included in the Small Art Big Passion kit. She reminds me so much of one of my girlfriends' little girls - unfortunately for me her birthday is in April, so I might have to hang onto this one for a long time!


This card is pretty simple to let the sweet little fairy take centre stage. I layered several of the Authentique Classique: Pretty 6x6 papers from the kit and added some Pearl Pen.



I diecut my leaves from the backside of one of the papers, and edged the leaves with a green mist.


A couple mini Petaloo flowers from the kit and some lace trim completed the card.


Thank you so much for stopping by today!


Card 1 - Supplies

From the kit:

- 13 Arts Fly Away 6x6 paper pack
- Ingvild Bolme Resin Frames #892128
- Tim Holtz Remnant Rubs "Life Quotes"
- 13 Arts Mask: Numbers
- 13 Arts Paint: Matte White
- 13 Arts Mist: Pastel Black
- Petaloo Botanica Coral & Botanica Minis

From my stash:

- Pan Pastel: Burnt Sienna
- 13 Arts Chalk Mist: Burnt Sienna
- Prima Color Bloom: Gold Foil
- Viva Pearl Pen: Black
- Thread


Card 2 - Supplies

From the kit:

- Hobby House "Rosetta"
- Authentique 6x6 Classique: Pretty paper pack
- FUL Lace Trim

From my stash:

- Viva Pearl Pens: Black and Salmon
- La-La Land Dies: Creepy Vine
- Lindy's Starburst Spray: Sea Grass Green






No comments: