Tuesday, June 10, 2014

The Gift *** Blue Fern Studios ***

I'm up on the Blue Fern Studios blog today sharing 3 projects for June. Here is the first of these projects, a mixed media, very dimensional layout featuring a photo collage of some darling photos of Colby sharing apples with his Babba. (Forget that the apples were meant for the horses - he didn't know that!)


I've mentioned before how much I love the thickness of these papers (and if you haven't had a chance to pick up some Ombre Dreams paper, they are printed on the same paper) because of how well they take media, and I've piled it on again here, with gesso, Shimmerz mists, Prima chalk inks and Twinkling H2Os watercolour paints.

I've been saving this quote to use on just such a project - I love the sentiment:


I matted my photo collage using two layers of Blue Fern chipboard, starting with one of the Beaded Strings circles. I painted it with a thick gesso (because I find super heavy gesso spreads so much easier with better coverage), then added some touches of watercolour paints, and then added a bit more gesso once those were dry to tone everything down a little. I also added some grey ink to the outside for definition.


The second layer of my photo mat is one of the Quatrefoil Garden Panels. I cut it in half lengthwise so that I could have a border both on top of and below my photos, and painted it with a shimmery acrylic paint.


To create a horizon line across my page, I used a piece of one of the Jeweled Page Dangles left over from another project. The links are coloured with chalk ink, and I used some of the shimmery watercolour paint I used on the page to colour the flower, and topped it with some bling.



Blue Fern Studios Products Used:

- Blue Fern Garden: Picnic
- Blue Fern Chipboard: Beaded Strings, Jeweled Page Dangles, Quatrefoil Garden Panels

Thank you for stopping by today! I will be back tomorrow with another Blue Fern Studios project, or if you're impatient to view them all, head on over to the Blue Fern Studios Blog.


No comments: