Sunday, June 1, 2014

Flying Unicorn Kit of The Month Mixed Media Layout

Have you checked out Flying Unicorn's June Kit of the Month yet? This was our first month offering pre-orders of the kit, and they sold like hotcakes, but more were released on reveal day. Make sure to head over to the Flying Unicorn Store to pick yours up if you haven't already - you don't want to miss out on this hot-off-the-press release from Riddersholm Designs - Tailgate Marked.

Today I have a layout for you using some of the new Riddersholm papers. I love the brown and blue backgrounds; they are perfect backdrops for a bold splash of colour, and the photo I used here - of my gorgeous sister, Emily, and my eldest son when he was just wee - commanded just that sort of background.


I drew my flowers freehand using pencil, then added my colouring using Gelatos, and then outlined then using a Stabilo Aquarelle pencil. To prevent the colours from rubbing off, I sprayed the entire background with Krylon Workable Fixative - it seals in your media, while leaving you with a surface you can continue to add media to.


As for that other media, I added stencilling with Distress Inks and created faux coffee stains to match those on the tags by mixing the two colours of Shimmerz from the kit (you can see one of these in the bottom left corner of the picture below).


I love the transparency butterflies from the kit - they provide a gorgeous dark contrast!


Some Shimmerz in Tickle Me Turquoise on the wooden flourish, the awesome "Dream" key, trim from the kit and some pretty flowers complete the layout.






Thank you for stopping by today, I always appreciate your visits!

Supplies

From the Kit and Add-Ons:

- Riddersholm Designs Tailgate Marked papers: Woodland and Moths
- Shimmerz Mists: Truffle and Treasured Hymn (mixed together)
- Tailgate Marked tags
- 13 Arts Gesso
- Melissa Frances Glamour & Grunge tags
- Melissa Frances Chalkboard Charms
- Petaloo Peel and Stick Flower Centers
- Transparency butterflies
- Trim
- Shimmerz Tickle Me Turquoise
- Tim Holtz Burlap Layering Stencil
- Bo Bunny Kraft Wood Shapes - Elegant
- Petaloo Printed Darjeeling flowers - Large
- Petaloo Cantebury Roses - Teal
- Flying Unicorn Adornments

From my stash:

- Gelatos: Coconut, Mango, Tangerine, Red Cherry
- Pencil
- Krylon Workable Fixative
- Prima Stamp: Harlequin
- Shimmerz Pumpkin
- Stabilo Aquarellable - Black
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink: Salty Ocean





No comments: