Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Balloon Mixed Media Gift Bag *** Blue Fern Studios ***

Today I'm sharing my second Blue Fern Studios project for the month of June, which was featured on the Blue Fern Studios Blog yesterday.

With Father's Day just around the corner, I set out to make a masculine gift bag, though in the end it turned out a little too colourful to be truly masculine, but I love it! It might get repurposed as a teacher's gift bag.


I combined Blue Fern Garden and Ombre Dream papers for this one; they work so well together! After I built my base layers, I added strips and squares I cut from scrap pieces and the cut-away strips at the bottom of the papers, and added random colour to the sides of all of these using Gelatos.


I then added stencilling, stamping and splattering to the background along with some sewing thread.


I coloured the Grand Balloon Chippy with several different colours of Silks acrylic, mixed with Primary Elements, and Shimmerz Shimmerz paints, layering them on until I was happy with the effect then adding some gesso to help to tie the piece in with the background. 


See the wonderful texture from the acrylic paint? Some metal pieces provided nice finishing touches to the balloon.

 Blue Fern Studios Products Used:

 - Blue Fern Garden: Signature, Timeless, Parlour
- Ombre Dreams: Susan's Dream
- Blue Fern Chipboard: Grand Balloon

Thank you for your visit today! Join me tomorrow for my third Blue Fern Studios project for the month.

No comments: