Saturday, May 10, 2014

Two Blue Fern Studios Projects for May

Hello, Bloggers! I am up on the Blue Fern Studios blog today with two of my May creations.

The first is a layout of my husband while we were biking around Central Park in New York City. The My Bike chippy was perfect for my photo!


Don't you just love the details on the bike? I'm amazed at how thin and yet sturdy the spokes are! I added Glossy Accents to the wheels to give them a little fullness and shine.


The Mini Ring Things are always a perfect finishing touch.


I included some rusted Widget Works gears in my clusters for a masculine touch.


Blue Fern Studios Products:

- My Bike
- Mini Ring Things
- Widgetworks

My next project is a birthday card I made for my son's friend. I don't know about you, but I can't make cards ahead of time - I need to have a person and event in mind to get in a card frame of mind. This one was made for my son's friend, who was turning, you guessed it, eight. I used plastic alphas from my stash to create the title, and crafted the rest of my card around it.


Pretty doesn't work for me for boys' cards - especially not at this age, so I went for a grungy look.


To create my background, I started by stencilling using gel medium, then painted over everything with a thin layer of white gesso so that the woodgrain pattern of the In Bloom paper would show through. The gesso over the gel medium leaves the texture, but gives the mists and paints you add on top something to adhere to.


Because the Blue Fern Garden papers are so thick, they are perfect for tearing and rolling back to create peek-a-boos and hold their shape really well. The Bits of Honey chipboard was treated with Distress Crackle paint, while the arrows from the Directions set were treated to a coating of chalk ink.

Blue Fern Studios Products:

- Blue Fern Studios - Blue Fern Garden: In Bloom
- Blue Fern Studios Chipboard: Bits of Honey, Directions

Thank you for stopping by! If you haven't yet entered to win Blue Fern Studios' new Ombre Dreams collection, be sure to stop by the Blue Fern Studios blog and enter - you have until May 17th.

No comments: