Saturday, March 1, 2014

Blue Fern Studios March Sketch Challenge

It's a new month, and that means it's time for a new sketch challenge at Blue Fern Studios!  Did you know that you can create any type of project for the sketch challenge, including layouts, tags, cards, ATCs, canvases, off-the-page projects - anything you'd like, as long as you follow the sketch and use Blue Fern Studios chipboard on your project.

This month I chose to make a spring-inspired card (ironically, I made it on one of the 2 snowy days we've had this year) using the gorgeous Blue Fern Garden papers.


I treated the Tweet Friends branch to several layers of paints, building and blending until I was happy with the result, including chalk edger, Silks, Shimmerz Shimmerz and Dazzlerz and Distress Ink. I love that Blue Fern Studios chipboard is sturdy enough to stand up to this type of layering, as I tend to tinker with my chipboard until it is just right.


I painted both the Bits of Honey and Veranda Cage Set with Silks in Emperor's Gold, then added some shading with Distress Ink in Walnut Stain.


Have you noticed that the cut strips at the bottom of each of the Blue Fern Garden papers are beautiful little banners? I've used some here as layers. Aren't they lovely?


Here is this month's gorgeous sketch, designed by the uber-talented Michele Singh.



I hope you'll play along, check out this amazing Blue Fern prize pack up for grabs:


Blue Fern Studios Products Used

Papers: Blue Fern Garden In Bloom
Blue Fern Garden Calling Cards

Chipboard: Bits of Honey
Tweet Friends
Veranda Cage Set

No comments: