Sunday, February 2, 2014

Flying Unicorn February KOM - Part 3

One of the amazing things about the Flying Unicorn kit of the month is that it always contains an off-the-page project to take your creativity in different directions. This month's OTP is a heart-shaped box (anyone else having a Nirvana flashback?).


I started by painting the whole thing with red acrylic, and when it was dry I added crackle medium. Once that was completely dry I covered the whole thing in black acrylic, and voila!


The silver coating on the hearts from the Mixed Passion add-on didn't work with my colour scheme, so I sanded the piece down then painted Inka Gold on roughly with my finger, leaving some sanded patches exposed.


 Isn't that little metal heart piece stunning? I played with Prima's new Stationer's Desk papers for the rolled pieces - love this collection and can't wait to get my hands on more of it!


To ground the paper pieces into the background, I stamped on some stitches using the Prima Stitched Lines from the add-on with Picket Fence Distress Paint.

Lots of gorgeous Prima flowers and some beautiful ribbon from the Flying Unicorn Store to finish everything off.

Thanks for stopping by! Make sure to check out the creations of the rest of the Creative Team here to see how very versatile this kit is.

1 comment:

Erica said...

Absolutely amazing!! I love the zipper/folded paper the most - just gorgeous!