Saturday, February 1, 2014

Blue Fern Studios February Sketch Challenge

It's the beginning of a new month, and that means a new sketch at Blue Fern Studios!  Here is my take on the sketch:


Although you do not have to use the specific pieces of chipboard used in the sketch, I had the "I Love You More" title and used it as a prompt to find the perfect picture. It was close - I almost picked a picture of my hubby - but when I came across this picture of my boys I couldn't resist.


To complement the grunginess of the papers, I painted some of the Widgetworks chippies using Inka Gold and then aged them with rusting powder and tucked them into my clusters along with some gold wire I up-cycled from a wine bottle.


I painted my title with a couple of coats of Tattered Angels Glimmer Glam in Be Positive, which I also flicked across the page.



Here is the wonderful sketch designed by Michele Singh.


I hope you'll play along with us this month! As always, there is a beautiful prize up for grabs.

Blue Fern Studios Products Used

- I Love You More words
- Widgetworks
- Blue Fern Bits

No comments: