Friday, January 10, 2014

Blue Fern Studios Art Journal

I'm coming to you with another canned post today - the CHA Mega Show opens today and I have the very good fortune of being in Anaheim for the show.

Today I'm sharing my second Blue Fern Studios project that was revealed on their blog yesterday. This was a Christmas gift for my niece, who loves art journaling and card-making. I made the covers out of cardboard and built the journal up from there with her tastes in mind.


The Circle Groups chippies provided fantastic anchor points for my cluster. I started by painting them with a metallic paint, then ran them through my embossing machine and added touches of metallic purple paint to accentuate the raised areas.


Lo and behold, one of my metal clock accents fit perfectly inside one of the circles.



The film strip from the Picture Perfect set was simply pressed into a black ink pad, leaving some areas untreated. The word "Captured" was painted with gesso and then I added some of the metallic purple paint I'd used on the circles. I tucked in a couple stone skulls because my niece loves them.



Blue Fern Studios Chipboard Pieces Used:

Circle Groups
Picture Perfect

Thank you for stopping in today! I will be back in a couple of days with a post from CHA - stay tuned!

No comments: