Sunday, December 8, 2013

Prima November PPP - Better Late Than Never!

I'm back with another share today, this time of the layout I prepared for the Prima November PPP. I meant to get it posted before the challenge closed, but we were hosting my dad's birthday and once things settled down it was too late, so I figured I would hold off on posting to get better pictures. And that took a week - things are really starting to slow down here with the holidays approaching. Evan and I are lucky to have 2 weeks off at Christmas while the boys are off school, and following our Christmas celebrations in town we will be heading up to my lovely in-laws' cabin at Whistler where 14 of us (!) will be spending 9 days together. As you can imagine, there won't be a lot of crafting space (though I did consider setting up a little desk in the closet in our room LOL.

This is my first time playing along with Prima Product Picks. Colour challenges intimidate me, but I was game to give this one a try as I love that Prima gives you not only a colour palette but also suggestions of products to use - and I just so happened to have quite a few of these in my stash. I also had a piece of Blue Fern Studios chipboard and a recent picture of Elliot and Brennan that suited each other perfectly and couldn't wait to use them.

I have been loving Prima's Sunrise Sunset collection recently, and it again formed the basis for my layout.


I began by stencilling the woodgrain in with gesso, and while the gesso was still wet I sprinkled in Aged Scarlet Embossing Enamel and gold microbeads then heat set it all.



I wanted the Blue Fern Studios Seasonal Wildflowers chippy to look like the corn stalks in the photo. I started by cutting the chippy in two and wetting it then peeling apart the layers to give it a tatty look. I then coated everything with gesso, followed by Shabby Tote Chalk Edger and random spots of embossing enamel in Aged Ivory and Aged Gold.



The bow and laces for the buttons are the torn off edges from the resist canvas, dipped in coffee.

I painted the metal frame with Silks, then added some gold embossing powder and heat set it for some cool texture.


The flowers and butterflies are painted with Stickles to tie them together with the Lucido flowers.

Thank you for stopping by today!

Supplies:

Prima Products:

- Sunrise Sunset: Corona, White Hot
- Craftsman: Mechanic
- Lifetime: Love Tags
- Chalk Edger: Shabby Tote, Brick Wall, Coltsfood Stemens, Branch Bark
- Resist Canvas: Checkers
- Lifetime metal frames
- Lucido flowers
- Perdu flowers
- Charlotte flowers
- Bark Butterflies
- Woodgrain 12x12 stencil
- Hex Net stamp
- Lifetime Wooden Buttons
- Checker Stamp
- Checker 12x12 stencil
- Poppies and Peonies 6x6 Turkish Grunge stencil

- Blue Fern Studios: Seasonal Wildflowers
- Gesso
- Coffee
- Stampendous Embossing Enamel: Aged Scarlet, Aged Gold, Aged Ivory
- Wow! Gold Microbeads
- Silks acrylic paints: Ginger Peach, Jasmine & Blue Flame (mixed together to form the purple)
- Distress Paint: Picket Fence
- Stickles: Diamond
- Distress Ink: Rusty Hinge

1 comment:

Wilma Voermans said...

Great page, it let me forget the snow!!