Monday, December 23, 2013

Last Minute Christmas Card

Hello bloggers! I don't know about you, but I'm a teensy bit behind on my Christmas preparations this year. I had all the best intentions, but... As I was wrapping presents the other night I was also forced to make a couple cards and tags on the fly. Most of them were not works of art (after all, most of the kids in the family aren't even going to look at the tags other than to check for their name), but I spent some extra time to make this one for my dad and stepmom since it will hold the Michael Buble tickets we bought them.


It is a card made from 2 tags glued together at the top - a super easy way to transform your tags into cards. The background is a mixture of Distress Stains and Glimmer Mist.


The gorgeous Shabby Flakes chippies are from Blue Fern Studios, and make such a perfect focal point for a tag, don't you think? I treated them simply with Weathered White embossing powder from Ranger for a textured finish. 


I used the same colors of Distress Stain and Glimmer Mist to stain the seam binding ribbon.

Thanks for stopping by today. I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and all the best for 2014!

1 comment:

Paper Attic said...

Jackie your card/tag is so beautiful! I love how it holds the tickets, handmade gifts are so special! I love your snowflake chippies, they are on my desk too, just waiting to be given a home! Merry Christmas to you and your family, 2014 is going to be great! :) Lisa