Sunday, December 1, 2013

Kit of the Month Reveal - Part 2

I'm back today with another layout from the December Flying Unicorn kit of the month, the aptly named "Magic".

I shifted gears a bit this time - the background is still mixed media, but the colour scheme is much more subdued - and I like it. The soft pinks and greens really let this family photo shine. This is one of those scrap-worthy photos I've been hoarding for ever, waiting for the right project to highlight it. This is Evan and I before our 10 year high school reunion, when Elliot was only about 18 months old.


I liked the subtle butterflies on the Kaisercraft "Fascinate" paper, so I added some extra butterflies to the background, then built it up with overlapping layers of paper strips, more stamping, Shimmerz mists, stencilling with Shimmerz Texturez, heat embossing and finally some painting with good old fashioned coffee.


I sprinkled some gold embossing powder into the Texturez while it was still wet.


 I love these Prima zipper flowers - so soft and yet so striking! The Bo Bunny wooden clocks were finished with Distress Ink and randomly sprinkled with embossing enamel.


A couple more closeups:



Thank you for stopping by!

Supplies

From the Kit:

- Kaisercraft Enchanted Garden: "Fascinate", "Rapture", Charm", "Entrance"
- Marion Smith Designs Nirvana: "Cloud 9"
- Prima Resist Canvas
- Petaloo Flowers: Mini Textured Elements
- Kaisercraft Wooden Clocks
- Prima Flowers: Queen Mary Vintage 

From my Stash:

- Gesso
- Coffee
- Stampendous Butterflies stamp
- Shimmerz mists: Pop Art Pink, Olive Branch & Seafoam


1 comment:

Micupoftea said...

Beautiful family, nice LO. I especially like the background techniques. I need some of the Shimmerz texture stuff!