Saturday, October 26, 2013

Leaky Shed Chipboard at the Flying Unicorn

I love chipboard. I am a chipboard junkie. So needless to say, when the Flying Unicorn Store started stocking Leaky Shed Chipboard I was excited. And it does not disappoint in person; I have used up every single piece of my first shipment aside from one little keyhole waiting to be used.

I have two Leaky Shed projects to share today. The first is a layout featuring this cool photo of my niece my sister-in-law took this summer. Kailey is a gregarious young lady, and the "Live, Laugh, Love" chipboard was perfect for a layout featuring her.


I altered my chipboard letters by first coating them in gesso and the applying various colors of Gelatos straight onto the chipboard.  I finished everything off with a Gold Leafing Pen from Krylon.


I used ceramic stucco to add some visual interest to my background, inking my stamp with brown ink before stamping it into the wet media. 


These Prima Bella flowers are amazing - love! One of the great qualities of the artist stucco is that if you apply it in a thin coat you get texture but can still see the images from the paper behind it through the media.



Supplies

Leaky Shed Studio chipboard - Family Tree Word "Live, Laugh, Love"
Faber-Castell Gelatos
Gesso
Krylon Gold Leafing Pen
Prima Fairy Rhymes Papillon paper
Royal Langnickel Watercolor Pencils
Prima Mask
Kaisercraft Crackle stamp
Prima Flowers: Bellas - Pink, Divine - Roses, Divine Paper Flowers
Maya Road Zipper Trim, Grey


For my second project, I was inspired by the chipboard to make a Christmas card using the gorgeous new Teresa Collins line, Santa's List, now available in the Flying Unicorn Store.

I trimmed the middle bar of the birdcage so that when I mounted the keyhole on top the hole would be unobstructed.


I heat embossed the cage itself with Aged Gold Embossing Enamel. A quick tip - if your Aged Embossing Enamel comes out looking too smooth and one-toned, press a silicone stamp into the warm embossing enamel and reheat slightly. This reveals an additional dimension of color.

For the keyhole, I wanted to maintain the fine details etched onto the piece and worried that the chunkier Embossing Enamel would cover them up, so I reached for a finer Ranger embossing powder which let the details shine through.


Did you know you can paint on your liquid embossing fluid to emboss different areas of your chippies with different colors? I simply unscrewed the dabber top and dipped in my paintbrush and voila! I used three embossing enamels on the bird, and for the crown I again used the finer Ranger powder.




 Supplies:

Teresa Collins Santa's List papers: Santa, Postcard, Red Flakes
Leaky Shed Studios Chipboard: Barn Swallow With Crown, Bird Cage, Keyhole Plain
Ranger Emboss It Dabber
Stampendous Embossing Enamels: Aged Gold, Aged Ivory, Aged Black
Prima Chalk Ink: Shabby Tote

I'm absolutely shocked that I've completed a Christmas project already, but it is getting to be that time of year, isn't it?

Thank you for stopping by!!!

No comments: