Friday, July 12, 2013

Freeze the Picture - Flying Unicorn KOM

Just stopping in for a quick share today.  I snapped photos of this project on my camera in the rush before Evan and I left for vacation, and totally forgot about it until I uploaded our vacation pictures from the camera.  Oops!

The July Flying Unicorn kit of the month contains an adorable little stitched burlap album from Canvas Corp. I wanted to make an album to capture rugged, outdoorsy pictures of my boys this summer - at 2, 4 and almost 7 it's all about getting air at the bike park, messing around in the pool and roughhousing - and the quote on the Teresa Collins Summer Stories papers included in the kit was perfect.  I love this stage in my boys' lives.


I wanted to add some texture and depth of color to the Petaloo chippy corners included in the kit, so I started with some Mix'd Media Inx in Jasmine - it's so juicy the embossing powder has no problem sticking to it, and primes your chippy at the same time so your embossing powder colors come out true. I then layered on two colors of powder from my stash.



I added a Petaloo Color Me Crazy Keyhole from my stash, which I coated with Stampendous Aged Embossing Enamel in Gold to which I added Dry Rock Candy Glitter while it was still molten for a chunky look.


Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Shona said...

this is just gorgeous :)

Linda Pekrul said...

Aw, the title is so sweet and the album is gorgeous as Shona said. Love it!