Friday, May 10, 2013

Guest Detective CSI #71

The Flying Unicorn Creative Team are Guest Detectives at CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration this month.  I was so excited to solve this week's Case File - not only did the colors match up beautifully with the May Kit of the Month from Flying Unicorn, making papers and embellishments easy to find, but the color palette was gorgeous to boot!  And I have to say, despite a minor misting mishap (which I think I rather ingeniously transformed into flames for my little bike racer LOL), I think this may be my favorite layout I've made, ever.


I love this photo of Brennan that I snapped on my cell phone. He was so happy to get a balloon when we went out for lunch that he couldn't stand to leave it at home while we went to pick Elliot up at school, so he took it along with him on his bike.

Because it's the second Case File of the month, Emma Stafrace of CSI has prepared a wonderful sketch to use alongside the color palette.


My evidence:

- bicycle (in the photo)
- doodling/pen work (lots!)
- fiber/twine
- ink/paint splatters

My testimony:

- I incorporated a heart into my title under the "LOVE" and threw in a couple others for good measure.

Closeups:


This Prima Sunrise Sunset zipper flower was perfect for the color palette; it tops an upcycled ribbon bow from one of the kids' Easter treats.  The "3" is also Prima Sunrise Sunset painted with Distress Paints in Broken China and Peeled Paint for a weathered look.


The Prima Divine Resist Canvas Balloons from the kit are colored with Distress Inks in Festive Berries and Squeezed Lemonade.


I hope you'll play along over at CSI.  In addition to being a permanent sponsor, Flying Unicorn is also the main sponsor this month, which means 4 oh-so-yummy Flying Unicorn RAKs up for grabs.

Thanks for stopping by!

Jackie

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This page is awesome, Jax, my fave from you, yet :) Love everything about it!

Cindy Keogh said...

This is so pretty and fun! I love it.