Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Thank You Easel Cards

There are a couple of days left to enter your Easel Cards in my Card/Tag Challenge over at the Flying Unicorn Forums - the challenge closes April 14th at 8pm EST.

Here are a couple more cards I made for inspiration, and to thank the two incredibly lovely young ladies, Bex and Louise, who taught Elliot and Brennan to ski this year.  We couldn't have asked for better instructors for the boys.

The first card features papers from Studio 75's Winter Time collection, available in the Flying Unicorn Store.


Thank goodness for the internet - I Googled "Skier Digi" and was so fortunate to find this cute little skier from The Paper Shelter which I colored with Copic and Spectrum Noir markers.


For the background I used Glass Beads Gel through the new (awesome!) Prima Crackle Mask, then added Picket Fence Distress Stain to add a little definition.


 The snowflakes are fantastic glittery chipboard from the Pink Paislee City Sidewalks collection.

The second card features the same darling skier, with papers from 13 @rts Frosted Life collection. 


I fussy cut some of the bricks from the paper and accented them with a Sharpie Poster Paint Marker and black Copic marker.  I colored the gauze with Copics as well, and finished everything off with some more of the chipboard snowflakes.


Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Shona said...

I just love these...amazing cards