Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Mush!

Just stopping in today to share a layout I did with the thick, sumptuous papers from Studio 75 in Poland, now available in the Flying Unicorn Store.

This winter we are spending every weekend at my in-laws' cabin in Whistler as Elliot and Brennan are enrolled in weekly ski lessons.  This has resulted in a little extra guilt-free scrappy time for me (YAY!), as well as added outdoor snowy photo opportunities.

Colby got a sled for Christmas so that we can easily go on walks, and on our first outing Elliot and Brennan wanted to take turns pulling him along.  I couldn't resist titling this picture of Brennan and Colby "Mush!" as Brennan has the sled rope wrapped around his body for a little extra pulling streak.  


The alphas are Pink Paislee wooden alphas I painted with Gesso and then colored with my Gelatos - super easy multi-dimensional color.




Lots of layers, punching and distressing on this one.  I used Gesso through my Mini Flurries Crafter's Workshop mask and sprinkled on some glitter and brushed on some wet Gelatos for a subtle background accent under the photo mats.


Finished off with some lovely lace trims, flowers from my stash, machine stitching and some sprigs from a Petaloo Cantebury Vine.


If you haven't had a chance to work with Studio 75 papers, be sure to check out the three collections available now in the Flying Unicorn Store.

Thanks for stopping by and for your lovely comments - they make my day!


1 comment:

Shona said...

they are too too cute...love this and yummy colors :)