Sunday, February 3, 2013

Down by the River

Flying Unicorn is sponsoring Skissedilla this month, and our CT will be playing along with their sketch challenges all month long.  If you've never seen a Skissedilla sketch before I'd suggest you check them out - they are super cool and geared toward using mixed media on your project.  And all this month they'll have super cool Flying Unicorn RAKs to give out.  My fellow CT member Kelly Foster is their Featured Scrapper for the month as well - congratulations, Kelly!

Here is my take on sketch 196:


I used two lines of the gorgeous Studio 75 papers from Poland from the Flying Unicorn Store.  Oh my, these papers distress like a dream!  I started by spritzing the paper randomly with Goosebumps Texture Spray which acts as a resist while creating a cool speckled texture.


I then threw a tea bag down on the paper several times and followed it up with white gesso and two Crafter's Workshop masks - mini bricks (I painted onto it and used it as a stamp to get the reverse effect) and mini chicken wire.


On the picture above you can see the splatters from the Goosebumps inside the tea stains.  I coated this cool Scrap FX chippy frame with white gesso and Vintage Photo Distress Embossing Powder.   Look for a big restocking of both Scrap FX and Dusty Attic in the Flying Unicorn Store this week.


 I finished everything off with some gauze between the layers of my photo mats, some gorgeous Petaloo Cantebury Vine Sprays, a Dusty Attic fence treated with Gesso and Tattered Angels Coffee Shop Glimmermist and some twine from my stash.

And here is the sketch I based it on:



I hope you'll play along at Skissedilla this month!

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Shona said...

this is just gorgeous Jax...LOVE your take on the sketch :)