Tuesday, January 29, 2013

A Negative Space Layout featuring 13 @rts *** Flying Unicorn ***

I find negative space intimidating.  So when one of the challenges at this past weekend's crop on the Flying Unicorn Forums was a negative space challenge I just had to give it a try.  And wouldn't you know, it took me most of the darn weekend to do.  I drew heavily on the work of my fellow CT member Adrienne for inspiration; she is truly gifted when it comes to negative space.





These gorgeous 13 @rts papers are straight from Poland and available at the Flying Unicorn Store.

A couple closeups:


I misted the Manor House flowers heavily with Tattered Angels Plain Janes in Light Blue and Pink and gave them each a squirt of Shimmerz in Jenni B Bleu to change them from their natural cream to better suit the papers.  I used black Gelato heavily on this layout to tie the elements together.


With new CHA goodies arriving in the Flying Unicorn Store as we speak, I am trying to use up my stash to make room on my bulging Clip-It-Up, and I think I used up 4 packs of embellies on this one, as well as a bottle of crackle paint and one of Gel Medium - not bad!


Thank you for stopping by!

Additional supplies:

- Prima Lucerne Songbird Flowers
- Manor House flowers
- La La Land Creepy Vine die
- La La Land Large Flourish die
- Petaloo Velvet Wild Roses Pink
- Tattered Angels Plain Jane Mists Light Blue & Pink
- Dylusions Spray Black Marble
- Distress Crackle Paint Picket Fence
- Gelatos Black
- Distress Ink Weathered Wood
- Crafter's Workshop Mini Bricks mask
- Gloss Gel Medium (to stiffen the silver fabric)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This page is so very stunning, Jackie!! That background paper is perfectly shown off with a negative space page!! Great design, too!!