Monday, December 31, 2012

Flying Unicorn January KOM - Part 1

Happy New Year, blogosphere friends!

When I opened my January Flying Unicorn kit Carpe Diem I could have squealed with delight.  Jam-packed with goodies, two of the three paper lines (Pink Paislee Portfolio and Basic Grey Serenade) were papers I would have ogled in other people's layouts but would not have had the confidence to pick up for myself.

Here is the first layout I created with the kit:


Kelly has a challenge this month in the Flying Unicorn Forums to scrap about the personality of your subject.  This is my youngest, Colby, who is, as the title implies, Mr. Personality.  He is just a sunny, happy little guy.  I even have a video of him singing to himself as he wakes up!

I started with the Basic Grey Peacock paper as my base and cut a ring of the Fancy Pants - Beatrice paper and layered strips of washi tape from my stash underneath it, then cut strips of the colorful chevron pattern from the Basic Grey Shilling paper (I trimmed in from the edges to make the narrower arrows).


The sweet little bird is from the packaging of the Basic Grey Flags and Banners which I incorporated into my flower cluster.


It is unusual for me to use products from all three paper lines in one layout, however Alda at Flying Unicorn is such a master at putting kits together that I find it easy to marry the various elements together in one layout.


These gorgeous sparkly letters are Pink Paislee Portfolio, as is the "sweet" tag (below) from the ephermera package.  I finished it all off with some Prima Chalk Ink in Black Soot and a gorgeous Kaisercraft flourish from the kit.


 Carpe Diem is on sale now - grab yours before it's too late!

And please join us in the Flying Unicorn Forums, where our January challenges have just launched - as usual there are gorgeous RAKs up for grabs and international entries are always welcome!

1 comment:

Denise said...

Aww these are precious Jax!! I love how you used the kit!!