Thursday, November 29, 2012

Seeing Green - Holiday Cash & Card Holders

One of the Mid-Month Challenges in the Flying Unicorn forums going on right now is to make pop-up gift card holders and holiday money holders.  I have 3 pre-teen and early teen nieces and 1 nephew who really prefer money for Christmas and birthdays - easy for them, and super easy for me!  I took advantage of the 20% all Holiday products promotion running through November 30th in the Flying Unicorn store to stock up on Nutcracker Sweet papers from Graphic 45, which are perfect for this type of project, with a busier pattern on one side and a coordinating, geometric pattern on the reverse which does a great job as the card interior.


I have had these Petaloo branches in my stash for nearly a year now and have never really given them a second glance.  And suddenly I LOVE them!  I've cut each of the branches up into sections and used them for tons of projects recently and have them in 4 different colors ordered from the Flying Unicorn store and in the mail - can't wait until they get here!


I topped my punched snowflakes with Stickles to give them a perfect amount of shimmer.


What does a mouse have to do with Christmas?  It's been too long since I've seen the Nutcracker for me to remember, but the image is so brilliantly realized I just had to use it.


I saved these gold baubles from the Christmas crackers (the rolled plastic tubes that go "pop" when you pull the ends and dispense multi-colored paper hats and little goodies that keep everyone occupied throughout Christmas dinner only to be never seen again - oh, and let's not forget the jokes) at Christmas dinner last year.  I also pulled all of the ribbon off the crackers, and some tinsel pipe cleaner - I'm only too happy to help clear the table if it means I can pillage the garbage LOL.

And this is my pop up gift card holder, made with some leftover Bo Bunny Father Christmas papers from last year. 


The Mid-Month Challenges are open until December 14th, and as usual there are gorgeous RAKs up for grabs.  For instructions on how to make these timely pop up gift card holders visit the forums.