Thursday, November 8, 2012

2 Birds In A Nest - Flying Unicorn KOM

This is a picture of my two youngest, Brennan and Colby, seated in a "boat" they made from a Pampers box sharing a bag of crackers.  I used papers and embellies from this month's Flying Unicorn kit "Solace for the Heart".

I started with some misting and a Prima mask, then layered on the embellies from the kit, including this darling Prima wooden bird.  I made a nest for it using a frame from the Vintage Finds layered stickers and some burlap strings from my OTP.


I clustered a Kaisercraft birdcage with another layered sticker, some Prima canvas banners and some banners I cut from scraps.


The kit contains a gorgeous assortment of border strips which are great for layering...

 

And some lovely My Mind's Eye trim...


And some gorgeous flowers, including this one from Maya Road.


Don't forget during the month of November Flying Unicorn Gives Back.  For every new project uploaded to the Gallery, Flying Unicorn will donate $1 to charity to a maximum of $1,000.  And that's not all.  5% of all purchases made from the Flying Unicorn store this month will also be donated to charity.  And, because we really want to help, we will be running a silent auction from the 16th to the 30th - the CT members are putting together lovely kits that will be up for auction. I hope you will check it out!

No comments: