Tuesday, July 3, 2012

As this is my first blog post I wanted to start with a project that had some significance.  My first ever scrapbooking layout is buried in a box somewhere, so it will have to wait for another day (how far I've come in 12 years!).  Instead I wanted to share a Tim Holtz District Market burlap panel I made as inspiration for the June Swirly Girl Challenge over at www.swirlydoos.com - my first ever challenge-hosting gig.  The challenge was to incorporate papers and embellishments from more than 3 kits or product lines, and to mix in some mixed media elements.  I had a lot of fun playing with sticky-back foil, alcohol inks, Inka-Gold, embossing powder and Distress embossing powder.


5 comments:

Tammy said...

Oh How Yummy Jackie!! Love what you done with those cogs and gears!!! Gorgeous!!!

Unknown said...

gorgeous LO !!

Unknown said...

Yay for a new blog to follow:) your layout is gorgeous!!!

Maggi said...

Following your blog now! Glad you got it going. Love this LO, what a cool challenge.

Linda Pekrul said...

How did I miss that you have a blog now Jackie? Definitely following you! Great work!